Friday, February 12, 2010

Goodbye puke, Hello Valentine candy

I think the stomach virus has finally made its way through all of us.Frankie had what I thought was a fluke puke incident last Friday while eating a piece of string cheese. I assumed she just choked and up everything came. Looking back, she didn't have much of an appetite that day at all though.

SuperBowl Sunday came and I started feeling off around 3. I was then in and out of the bathroom every 5-10 minutes from 4-9:30pm. I assumed it was food poisoning cause the only other time I have suffered like that was from a bout of food poisoning a few years ago. Greg took the kids to a friend's house and came home around 10 when I was finally starting to feel a bit better.

I was so happy to be able to sleep but awoke only a couple hours later when Tre was vomiting. Poor kid would vomit and then roll over and fall asleep again. He started feeling better about 6 hours later. Gregory stayed home, feeling the impending doom that hit him in the late afternoon. Thankfully no one else seemed as bad off as me and even Greg was able to start midnight snacking that evening.

Today is Friday and last night as I put Joey's pjs on she told me her stomach hurt. I knew then that she was getting sick. This morning she was in bed with me at 7 and I rushed her to our bathroom just in time. I must say that she is a much better puker than Tre is. She made it in the bowl every time. Poor girl missed her Valentine Party at school but we drove through the carline to pick up her bag. She's been drinking fluids and asked for some pretzels before falling asleep. I think we are officially puke free now.

Off to finish the mountain of laundry next to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment