Monday, June 21, 2010

This one is for Frankie


I am officially done nursing! And... I'm not pregnant or planning on it. I have been nursing or pregnant for over 6 years now pretty much. I'm not really sure that everyone knew that I was still nursing Frankie since I only nursed her at home but she would have gone on forever and I was feeling pretty much done. I weaned Tre and Joey around 15-16 months old so nursing a 2 year old was a bit different. Frankie is such a peanut though (at maybe 18 or 19 pounds) so I never felt like I was nursing a large child in my lap. Anyhow, my mother in law offered to take the kids for the weekend and of course we took her up on it and I decided that I was going to use the opportunity to wean Frankie. She's spent plenty of overnights before and doesn't even think about or ask to nurse unless I'm around. After 3 days away the first thing she wanted to do was nurse when she saw me and she still asks numerous times a day (or rather... tells me "I'm hungy"), but so far she's been easily distracted and hasn't shed too many tears over it. I'm hoping she'll forget all about it by next week and quit asking.
She's a funny kid. She talks a lot and can be quite the character. She likes to play with her brother and sister but she definitely gets physical with them too (pushing and pinching). She's a tough little thing.

Frankie tries all different foods and loves broccolli, onions, olives... typically if it has a strong flavor she'll eat it. If only I could get her to drink some milk and fatten up a bit!

She likes going in the pool and playing in the kids' zone at the Y. In September she'll start going to school a couple mornings a week where Joey goes. I think she'll really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment