Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wash Me

Yesterday I spent 2 hours cleaning the inside of the truck. First I took out all three carseats and vacuumed. I found 14 of the girls' hair clips. Good thing, cause we were running out at home. I should have counted the juicebox straw wrappers. LOL

Usually cleaning the truck consists of throwing out the trash and MAYBE vacuuming, but it was nice out and the girls were busy blowing bubbles so I decided I would do a deep cleaning and remove the floor mats. The floor mats are those heavy duty industrial rubber ones. I think the back seat one would hold a gallon of water (or in my case squeezed out juice boxes, cereal and who knows what else). I've wiped them with a baby wipe or a spare napkin on occasion but I have never actually removed them and scrubbed them. They were so disgusting. The combination of juice, lemonade, sand and cinnamon toast crunch sugar created a sticky sandpaper like surface. Thankfully dish soap and an SOS pad did the trick. My truck is so clean inside now. I almost took a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Imagine all of that with a layer of white dog hair on top! With the move and not having a yard and the bad weather, I've been hauling my dogs around alot. My van is DISGUSTING!!! The boys and I took it in for an oil change and car wash while we got sno cones on a beautiful afternoon last week. But the free car wash vacuuming just didn't do a whole lot. I'm going to have to send it in for a detail. Glad you got a handle on your mess! It's so nice to have a clean vehicle!

    ReplyDelete