Thursday, September 23, 2010

Some Labor Day Pics

Greg's mom was taking the kids over Labor Day weekend while Greg and I were going to Indian Rocks Beach with friends. It was a much needed break for me! School started out fine- we were all just tired from waking up so much earlier. But then, Tre got a stomach virus on the 3rd day. Sick kids wear me out! I'm trying to take care of the sick ones (Tre and Frankie were the ones that got it) and keep my house disinfected in the meantime. It's hard enough keeping up with the laundry as it is, nevermind washing extra towels and blankets and sheets every night! Not to mention, cleaning the carpets and couches. Have I mentioned how much I dislike my carpet and how gross it is? :shudder:



Anyhow, Friday couldn't have come sooner and Greg and I took the kids to the beach that evening (so I wouldn't feel guilty that we were spending a whole weekend at the beach without them (they love the beach)! We had a great time. It was so nice to go to the beach in the evening and not worry about sunscreen! The kids had a blast and then we all went home, slept and shipped them off to Granny the next day.

My brother, Tucker, was also in town for the weekend and was able to see the kids briefly before they left. We had a great visit!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh that stomach virus made a turn in our house as well, will both E and me falling prey to it. Your girls are growing up so quickly, I love that sunset photo of you in the water - really a pic to blow up and stick on the wall

    ReplyDelete