Saturday, April 17, 2010

Gah, I can't keep up!

I still haven't posted pics from Tre's birthday or Easter. I do have about 4 loads of laundry all folded next to me though. It's been a bit hectic here. I'm trying to find new renters for the "Green House." My kids always called our house on Starboard Way, "The Green House." I've also been doing some volunteering at Tre's school and they've had some big events since we're getting closer to the end of the year (walkathon, field day, family fun night...).

Now that it's so nice out, I've been neglecting house work even more. It's just so much more fun to be with the kids in the yard or go on a bike ride. Gardening would have to be my favorite though. I'll mow the lawn and weed over laundry or dishes any day! We planted some flowers in the front the other day to add a bit of color and we started a veggie garden in March. I don't have pictures of my tomato plants yet but here's the rest of it. The kids helped with all of it too.


On the left side of the garden in the first pic is Georgia collards in the back and brussel sprouts up front. Below shows green beans sprouting along that trellis thing in the back. A red bell pepper plant in the middle and some herbs in front.








Below shows my broccoli plant up front and 4 romaine lettuce in the back.


The soil where my kids are standing is blank at the moment. I'm not convinced that it gets enough sun to stick tomatoes there, so I'm not sure what I'll put there. For now my tomatoes are in pots. Look at those 3 crazy kids though... they're so sweet. Technically, I grew them too!

And now, I have to go figure out how to get blackberry yogurt off of a wicker table (courtesy of Frankie)...

1 comment: